You’re going to look great after liposuction. Removing fat from targeted trouble spots helps patients to achieve their ideal body shape. Liposuction can be paired with procedures like a tummy tuck or performed on its own. With liposuction, you can finally say goodbye to love handles and embrace sexy curves.
When you look this good, you’ll want to maintain your results. These tips will help you keep your body at its best after your liposuction treatment.
Can I Still Gain Weight After Liposuction?
Liposuction removes fat, but it doesn’t stop your body from making more. If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight after liposuction. The areas where fat accumulates may change after your procedure due to a change in your fat cell distribution.
How Can I Maintain My Liposuction Results?
If you want to maintain your liposuction results, it is essential to stick to your target weight. Avoid weight fluctuations and strive for consistency. Weight fluctuations, both up and down, change your contours and affect your liposuction results.
Dr. Vandegrift recommends that patients achieve their ideal weight before liposuction surgery. Liposuction is not a weight-loss treatment.
Diet Tips After Liposuction
A healthy diet won’t just enhance your liposuction results, it can also benefit your health. Dr. Vandegrift encourages her patients to eat a healthy, well-rounded diet.
- Eat Lots of Fruits and Vegetables – Fruits and vegetables are the foundations of a healthy diet. Packed with fiber and low in calories, fruits and veggies are a great way to fill up without filling out.
- Seek Out Variety – Variety is key to a healthy and exciting diet. Try new fruits and vegetables or new ways of preparing old favorites. Try to eat a variety of colors, textures, and flavors each day.
- Don’t Drink Your Calories – Calorie-heavy drinks like alcohol, soda, and juices can quickly lead to weight gain. Save these drinks for special occasions and hydrate with water and other no-calorie options instead.
- Hydrate – Drink up! Water helps keep the body hydrated and healthy.
- Get Your Protein – When you’re healing from surgery, you need protein. Make sure you’re getting enough lean protein so your body can heal.
- Limit Unhealthy Choices – Treats make life sweeter but should be enjoyed in moderation. Pack your diet with healthy choices and limit fried and sugary foods to a small percentage of your diet.
Contact your doctor or a nutritionist if you need personalized diet tips or recommendations.
Don’t Forget About Exercise
Diet and exercise go together like peanut butter and jelly. Exercise burns calories, making it easier to stay on track with your weight maintenance goals. Exercise has another benefit too. It builds muscle and tone, enhancing your liposuction results.
Make sure you’re fully healed from surgery before you resume strenuous exercise. Get the all-clear from Dr. Vandegrift before you head back to the gym.
Learn More About Liposuction in Long Island
If you’re struggling with stubborn fat pockets and trouble spots, turn to liposuction. This procedure removes fat from targeted areas, allowing you to shape and sculpt your body. Dr. Vandegrift performs liposuction on both men and women in the Long Island area. Contact her to learn more about this procedure or to schedule a consultation.