When bigger isn’t better, breast reduction surgery can help set things right. Dr. Meredith Vandegrift frequently performs breast reduction surgery on women in Long Island. Her expertise in performing this procedure brings relief and helps patients struggling with heavy breasts look and feel their best.
Is breast reduction right for you? Why do women choose this procedure? Explore common reasons for breast reduction surgery below or contact Vandegrift Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation and receive personalized medical advice.
Top Reasons for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Back, Neck, and Shoulder Pain – Large breasts can be uncomfortably heavy. Their weight often pulls on the back, neck, and shoulders, potentially creating significant discomfort. Breast reduction surgery can relieve this discomfort and resolve many back and neck problems.
- Difficulty Exercising – Running, jumping, and moving the arms can be challenging with large breasts. Breast reduction surgery can help patients to live the active lifestyle they want to enjoy.
- Clothing Doesn’t Fit – Finding clothing that fits is often a challenge for patients with large breasts. Tops that are large enough to accommodate the breasts look sloppy and oversize, while fitted pieces may appear overly sensual. Breast reduction surgery improves the body’s proportions, making it easier to find attractive and flattering clothing.
- Under-Breast Rashes – Sweat and bacteria can accumulate under large breasts leading to odors, rashes, and discomfort. Breast reduction surgery can alleviate these issues.
- Breathing Problems – Large breasts are like carrying a weight around on the chest. Some women find it challenging to take deep breaths due to the size of their breasts. Reduction surgery can make it easier and more comfortable to breathe for some patients.
- Breasts Get Too Much Attention – Do your breasts get more attention than your beautiful eyes? Breast reduction removes the distraction, so people notice you, not your breasts.
- Poor Posture – Heavy breasts can negatively affect posture. Patients find that after breast reduction surgery, it is easier to stand up straight.
- Painful Bra Strap Grooves – The weight of heavy breasts can pull the bra straps downward, resulting in deep, painful grooves on the shoulders. By reducing the weight of the breasts, breast reduction surgery can eliminate this discomfort.
- Psychological Concerns – Women with large breasts often report a psychological impact. After breast reduction surgery, many women tell Dr. Vandegrift that they feel more comfortable and confident in their bodies. Breast reduction surgery often has a positive psychological impact.
And men, we haven’t forgotten about you. Men can have excess breast tissue too. Dr. Vandegrift also performs male breast reduction surgery to treat gynecomastia. Removing this tissue can create a more masculine chest contour and helps our male patients to feel more confident with their appearance.
Learn More About Breast Reduction in Long Island
If you’re interested in learning more about breast reduction surgery, reach out to Dr. Meredith Vandegrift and schedule a consultation. Breast reduction surgery has many benefits for patients with excessive breast tissue. Find relief from your heavy breasts by contacting Dr. Vandegrift online or by calling (631) 935-0303 today.